Program and Training E‑Fellow
Contribute to the success of the new HerStart Innovate the Future program by flexing your organization, facilitation and creativity skills. Support in the design and delivery of innovative programming for the HerStart Fellowships, as well as the creation of dynamic project management and reporting tools for the global HerStart social entrepreneurship program. This is an opportunity to strengthen your CV with practical international development resource, training and project coordination experience. In the process, learn about women’s empowerment, climate action and social entrepreneurship – pivotal frameworks that are shaping the future of work and social impact globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively engage in training modules on diverse topics including social entrepreneurship, climate action, gender equality, MEL, and cross-cultural collaboration
- Design and implement Fellowship Community of Practice sessions, materials and platforms to engage and support HerStart Fellows across each country
- Support the team in improving, designing, editing and testing trainings, platforms and resources for the HerStart Fellowship programs
- Complete partnership and opportunity mapping for business development
- Contribute to the Partnership Sustainability Planning (PSP) process for local partners in each country
- Draft and edit reports, resource guides and presentations
- Conduct secondary research to inform program design, planning and reporting
- Build libraries of existing, high-quality resources and opportunities within the fields of gender equality, green business and social entrepreneurship
- Collaborate virtually with staff, partners and fellows in each country to coordinate program logistics and engage in the overall HerStart Community of Practice
Desired Qualifications for this Position
- Experience in facilitating and participating in dynamic training programs, particularly in virtual settings
- Passion for learning, facilitation and supporting the knowledge and skill development of others
- Strong writing and project coordination skills with high attention to detail
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of diverse platforms and interest in learning new ones (including Slack, AirTable and Mighty Networks)
- Strong organization, research and time management skills in virtual settings
- Strong teamwork, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and take initiative
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes openness to differing opinions and views
- Previous experience in the field of international development is an asset
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have fluent or professional level English (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to commit to full term of engagement at either 21 or 35 hours/week
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or have the equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate interest in the fields of international development, gender equality, climate action and/or social entrepreneurship
- Access to a computer with standard software applications and stable internet connection
- Flexibility in schedule (able to attend most meetings and trainings coordinated across different time zones)
- Proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Note: Individuals from all age, gender, academic and professional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Contribute to women’s economic empowerment: Connect and collaborate with young women, communities and global partners to help grow the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Amplify your personal and professional growth: Whether you’re a recent grad, mid-career or experienced professional, you’ll receive unique opportunities to boost your CV and build transferable skills, such as cross-cultural communication, project management, research and more.
- Access high-quality training and resources: You’ll receive specialized training and resources from our global partners who are subject matter experts in their fields, including gender equality, social enterprise, monitoring and evaluation and climate action.
- Be part of an international network: You’ll connect with like-minded, passionate Canadians, partner organizations and youth around the globe. Joining this network will include first access to future YCI opportunities, domestically and internationally.