Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) E‑Fellow
Join the YCI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to help measure and report on the results of the new HerStart Innovate the Future program, which provides social entrepreneurship training and resources for young women in Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana. Apply your data collection, analysis and reporting skills to the critical topics of women’s empowerment, climate action and social entrepreneurship to further build the capacity of the YCI team and local partners. This is an opportunity to strengthen your CV with monitoring, evaluation and organizational learning experience. In the process, learn more about pivotal frameworks that are shaping the future of work and social impact globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively engage in and complete training modules on diverse topics including social entrepreneurship, climate action, gender equality and MEL
- Support organizational learning and capacity strengthening with local partners on MEL systems and processes
- Conduct literature reviews and desk research on key MEL topics to support program activities
- Produce analyses of programmatic data, including forming recommendations and actionable insights to inform program design and organizational learning
- Contribute to the drafting and editing of accessible research reports, summaries and presentations
- Assist the MEL Lead and Knowledge and Learning Managers with adaptation and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools
- Contribute high-quality resources and opportunities to the HerStart Toolkit and Resources Database
- Collaborate with staff, partners and fellows in each country to coordinate M&E logistics and engage in the HerStart community
Desired Qualifications for this Position
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or research fields
- Strong research and communications skills
- Passion for learning and supporting the knowledge and skill development of others
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of diverse platforms and interest in learning new ones (including Kinaki, Slack, Airtable, KoBo, and Mighty Networks)
- Strong organization, teamwork and time management skills in virtual settings
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and take initiative
- Ability to collaborate with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes openness to differing opinions and views
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have fluent or professional level English (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to commit to full term of engagement at 21 hours/week during weekdays
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or have the equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate interest in the fields of international development, gender equality, climate action and/or social entrepreneurship
- Access to a computer with standard software applications and stable internet connection
- Flexibility in weekday schedule, particularly mornings (able to attend meetings and trainings coordinated across different time zones)
- Proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Note: Individuals from all age, gender, academic and professional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Contribute to women’s economic empowerment: Connect and collaborate with young women, communities and global partners to help grow the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Amplify your personal and professional growth: Whether you’re a recent grad, mid-career or experienced professional, you’ll receive unique opportunities to boost your CV and build transferable skills, such as cross-cultural communication, project management, research and more.
- Access high-quality training and resources: You’ll receive specialized training and resources from our global partners who are subject matter experts in their fields, including gender equality, social enterprise, monitoring and evaluation and climate action.
- Be part of an international network: You’ll connect with like-minded, passionate Canadians, partner organizations and youth around the globe. Joining this network will include first access to future YCI opportunities, domestically and internationally.