05 Oct Youth Employment Lead
Title: Youth Employment Lead
Contract Type: One-year renewable
Commitment: 5 days/week
Compensation: $70,000-75,000 plus benefits
Start Date: August 2018
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Youth Employment Lead will be responsible for leading the implementation of YCI’s youth/young professionals employment strategy.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
Project Management and Administration
- Project management of global youth employment programs, including design, planning, internal and external reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Maintenance of strong relationships with partner organizations;
- Compiling and writing donor progress reports;
- Managing the budget for efficient use of resources and excellence in results;
- Managing relationships with multiple stakeholders in intercultural settings;
- Coordination and collaboration with key members from the Toronto and partner teams towards the best possible results.
- Recruitment, selection and management of interns;
- Organization and facilitation of pre-departure and debrief training activities for young professionals;
- Provision of support, guidance and coaching during intern placements;
- Development of materials and strategies to support youth in achieving career goals;
- Coordination of career enhancement activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and proficiency in livelihoods and employment for young professionals in Canada and globally;
- 5 years of direct program management, preferably in the youth sector, with a preference for experience managing interns/volunteers;
- Experience volunteering or working overseas;
- Knowledge and proficiency in budget management;
- Demonstrated creativity in project and people management;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the international context and Global Affairs Canada funding mechanisms;
- Understanding of the Canadian and global youth employment landscape;
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- Strong preference for candidates with advanced French language skills.
Deadline to apply: July 29, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter and resume (maximum 3 pages total) to be submitted in a single Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to email@example.com with Youth Employment Lead in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.