07 Jun Marketing and Communications Lead
- Title: Marketing and Communications Lead
- Location: Toronto
- Contract Type: Consultant
- Commitment: 50 hours per calendar month
- Compensation: $40 per hour
- Start: ASAP
Youth Challenge International designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Lead will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of YCI’s marketing and communications plan. We are seeking a passionate, creative, and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. This position is ideal for an experienced independent consultant seeking a flexible, stable, long-term opportunity to add to their current projects. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a creative and agile marketing and communications plan;
- Manage marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including social media content development, outreach and promotion, social ad campaigns, liaising with project offices and design partners, metrics and reporting;
- Establish a consistent Youth Challenge International presence in relevant social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate;
- Create online and print communications content, including annual reports, brochures and infographics, in coordination with design partners;
- Coordinate with key team members from the Toronto and field offices towards the best possible results.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field preferred;
- 3-4 years of communications or marketing experience, with a focus on marketing and content strategy development;
- Knowledge and proficiency in content marketing theory and application;
- Demonstrated creativity and immersion in various social media channels;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Working knowledge of the principles of SEO including keyword research and
- Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social;”
- Experience with WordPress;
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach; § Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Deadline to apply: June 19, 2017
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Cover letter, resume (maximum 2 pages), relevant writing sample and links to social media profiles to be submitted in one Word or PDF attachment via e-mail to email@example.com with Marketing and Communications Lead in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.