13 Jul Job Opportunity: Zanzibar HUBs Training Coordinator
- Location: Zanzibar
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start: August 2016
- Status: Coordinator Level, contract
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
The Training Coordinator, reporting to the HUB Training Manager, will support training activities at the HUB. S/he will facilitate and coordinate activities for young people to build livelihood capacity. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, youth participants and relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate youth participant outreach, application process and selection
- Support coordination of training schedule in and outside of HUB
- Oversee printing/production of training materials and resources
- Lead training activities
- Ensure quality management of training
- Manage and distribute stipends for participants
- Facilitate data collection for M&E framework
- Liaise and coordinate with consortium partners and implementing partners to ensure effective delivery of training activities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the HUB Manager
- University Diploma
- 5 to 7 years of facilitation, training and coordination experience
- Understanding of and experience with participatory training techniques
- Ability to collaborate with partners and colleagues
- Excellent skills in planning and coordination
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant must be citizen of Tanzania
Deadline to apply: Sunday, July 24th, 2016 at 5pm EDT. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Zanzibar HUB Training Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.