16 Jan Job Opportunity: Volunteer Management Consultant
Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start Date: As soon as possible
Status: Consultant contract
Schedule: 60 days (to be completed by April 30)
Salary: $325/day + related travel costs to project countries
Canadian volunteers are an integral component of the EQWIP HUBs project. They contribute to program delivery by applying their skills and experiences, and financially through their contributed services and fundraising. Their experience impacts the sustainability of the program at country level as well as in Canada in the recruitment of future volunteers. Volunteers are key to driving participant youth engagement through peer to peer support and facilitating global exchange. They bring energy, commitment, and an innovative mindset to the project.
EQWIP HUBS is seeking a consultant to support the capacity building of staff and partners to effectively engage volunteers in project implementation and delivery of project outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the consultant will work closely with the Program Advisor to deliver key activities focused on strengthening tools, protocols, and capacities for volunteer management including the following:
- a) Volunteer support and supervision
- b) Volunteer orientation and integration
- c) Work planning, monitoring and evaluation
- d) Risk, health, and safety management including incident management
- e) Conflict resolution and managing challenging behaviour
- f) Communication and information management
KEY CONTRACT DELIVERABLES
- 1. Development of a volunteer management guide
- 2. Development of training materials to facilitate understanding and application of the volunteer management guide
- 3. Delivery of volunteer management training to staff and partners in the project countries (Indonesia,
Ghana, Tanzania, Senegal, Bolivia, and Peru)
- Fluency in English and either French or Spanish.
- Experience with international volunteer programming
- Facilitation and training experience, including developing training materials
- Experience with volunteer management or familiarity with volunteer management principles
- Experience developing manuals, guides and templates for country based staff
- Experience with conducting risk assessments, application of mitigation measures and incident management
- Good understanding of competency based assessment
- Experience with participatory approaches
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience with youth programming is considered an asset
- Organization to work effectively – able to prioritize, set clear objectives, plans of action and manage time to respect deadlines and budgets
- Drive to achieve results – works to ensure targets met, getting the job done in the best way given the time and resources available
- Conceptual thinking – able to make sense of a great deal of information within a wider framework; able to identify and clarify what is important and bring together in a coherent framework
- Communications – able to speak and write in a logical and structured way and takes responsibility to ensure that things are understood; uses clear examples to explain complex concepts and considers and apply best method for the particular audience
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Volunteer Management Consultant” in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter a proposed plan for achieving the key deliverables.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.