14 Jul Job Opportunity: Tanzania EQWIP HUBS Country Manager
- Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Starts: September 2016
- Status: Manager Level, contract
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: 4000-4500 CDN per month including benefits
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
The Country Manager for Tanzania, reporting to the Chief of Party based in Ottawa, will bring initiative, innovation and leadership to the management of the EQWIP HUB project, across the national EQWIP HUB locations and will be accountable for achieving project results at the country level.
- Provide leadership and management for the delivery and oversight of the project in Tanzania.
- Monitor and manage annual and multi-year program budgets, ensuring compliance with programme, donor regulations and requirements.
- Mitigate risk by identifying areas of risk and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with project’s policies and applicable laws including recruitment, development, performance management, risk management to ensure quality project delivery.
- Ensure preparation and submission of financial and project activity reports according to the project reporting processes and standards.
- Ensure and manage conditions for performance and project delivery through staff and in- country Canadian volunteers.
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to Canadian volunteers.
- Provide guidance regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming is based on input from stakeholders, a thorough understanding of the context, and technical best practices.
- Ensure program quality and timely program delivery through implementation of project review systems, comprehensive M&E systems, and staff/partner development.
- Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth and where possible position the project to respond appropriately.
- Lead the development and update of sector strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it is complimentary to strategic planning at both the country level and globally.
- Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track.
- Liaise and coordinate with technical consortium partners, implementing partners and key local/national actors (public and private sector) to ensure effective delivery of activities.
- Engage private sector and relevant actors in forming a multi-stakeholder network to support youth employment/entrepreneurship objectives.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Chief of Party.
- Applicant must be citizen of Tanzania.
- University Diploma.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience at a management/director level.
- Understanding of, and compatible vision, for effective community development with a focus on networking and organizational management skills.
- Ability to work with and through partners.
- Demonstrated passion for working with youth and an understanding of the current situation for young people.
- An appreciation of the contribution of volunteers to international development and ideally, experienced in supporting or working with volunteers.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and deliver programming through a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors, private sector and other international NGOs, on initiatives.
- Experience with current approaches to adult learning, participatory methods for M&E and partnership development.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing donor-funded projects.
- Sound financial planning and budget management skills.
- Proven ability to develop, implement, monitor and deliver results through work plans and training plans.
- Demonstrated team management, mentoring abilities and experience supporting staff teams.
- Proven understanding and commitment to addressing gender and equity issues.
- Strong time management, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, representation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, July 24th, 2016 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Tanzania HUBS Country Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.