28 Aug Job Opportunity: Talent Acquisition Business Development Lead for EQWIP HUBs
- Location: Ottawa
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start Date: October 2016
- Status: 18 Month Contract
- Schedule: Full-time with significant travel in Canada
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
Seeking a highly-motivated individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Talent Acquisition Business Development Lead. Through the development of a dynamic business development strategy and the creation of new client / partner relationships, the Talent Acquisition Business Development Lead will increase the volume, consistency, and quality of the recruitment of young Canadian professional volunteers to meet the diverse professional requirements of an innovative youth livelihoods project in 6 countries (Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania).
The Talent Acquisition Business Development Lead will actively generate new client / partner relationships and leads through a targeted business development strategy. It is expected that the TA Business Development Lead will develop a clear plan and demonstrate early results. Building on the initial success, the plan will be transitioned to permanent members of the project talent acquisition team for long-term implementation.
- Identify a broad cross section of sources of professional youth volunteers for recruitment. This means identifying which clients and partners are likely to have people with the right skill sets and creating new relationships;
- Develop recruitment business development strategies including timelines and targets and to implement a clear plan to increase the volume, consistency, and quality of youth volunteers needed for effective program delivery and outcomes;
- Execute comprehensive search strategies to recruit niche candidates including networking, convening and hosting events and webinar, direct sourcing, social media, emails, referrals; to scale;
- Utilize LinkedIn and other online business development and recruitment resources to source and identify candidates for current and future needs;
- Compile and analyze volunteer related data and identify and implement improvements for future business development cycles;
- Provide input into the project Talent Acquisition Strategy to enhance volunteer diversity, recruitment and retention strategies;
- Respond to enquiries from clients and partners interested in collaborating with EQWIP HUBS; assessing and briefing them and then directing them to appropriate Talent Acquisition Team member to advance recruitment.
- The ideal candidate for this 18-month contract will have significant experience in building and advancing client relationships and developing partnerships involving human capital.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record at being the driving force of an organizations growth in and/or developing the human capital requirements of a business development strategy.
- The candidate will be detail-oriented, able to work independently, is solution focused, results driven, and an excellent communicator. Experience working with youth is an asset.
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 14th, 2016 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
Please submit your cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the requirements, your CV, and your daily consulting rate as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Talent Acquisition – Business Development Lead” in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.