23 Oct Job Opportunity: Recruitment Manager
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Project Title: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Status: Manager Level, contract
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods is a project consortium partnership implemented by two international youth development organizations: Canada World Youth/Jeunesse Canada Monde (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI). The consortium also includes TakingITGlobal (TIG), Education Development Center (EDC) and UN-HABITAT.
The partners are building a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
The project ‘Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods’ will be implemented across six countries and its ultimate goal is to improve the economic and social well-being of poor and marginalized communities in developing countries.
The Recruitment Manager, reporting to the Chief of Party, will lead the recruitment of over 130 skilled Canadian volunteers per year, in accordance to local needs and funder’s requirements. Leading a team of 2, s/he will be develop and implement networking and sourcing strategies and practices to maintain an active pipeline of qualified Canadian volunteers aged 21 – 35. S/he will also develop processes, procedures and integrated systems to ensure an efficient and effective volunteer recruitment function.
- Lead the recruitment of suitably qualified Canadian volunteers according to agreed targets.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for screening and training of Canadian volunteers for the realization of long-term (one year) and short-term (four months) mandates.
- Develop and implement marketing and recruitment strategies for priority target audiences using social media, networking events and other relevant methodologies.
- Develop and manage productive partnerships with institutions including universities, diaspora associations, chambers of commerce etc.
- Lead the development and implementation of a responsive communications strategy and plan, working proactively in collaboration with the Communications Team.
- Track Canadian volunteer applicant pool trends, enhance underdeveloped pools, and generally assess efforts to improve cost-effective recruitment strategies.
- Organize the preparation for approximately 650 Canadian volunteers over 5 years including the development of online and off-line tools for pre-departure training of Canadian volunteers.
- Advise and support Country staff on the support and orientation of volunteers on arrival in country.
- Support the project’s branding strategy by overseeing the development of appropriate online and offline recruitment communications, materials and tools.
- Prepare and update the volunteers’ documents and tools.
- Work closely with the Program Team to ensure effective coordination, planning and implementation.
- Act as recruitment liaison with local project staff to ensure that the skills of youth volunteers meet local needs, particularly with respect to capacity building objectives.
- Establish collaborative relationships with relevant visa offices and maintain country specific visa and other travel requirement information.
- Track the volunteers’ progress through a volunteer data system.
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline;
- 5 years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience in the field of recruitment;
- Evidence of developing and implementing effective and diverse recruitment strategies (ideally in relation to volunteers) to meet targets, including the use of social media;
- Appreciation of ‘volunteering’ and understanding of issues affecting and facing volunteers based overseas;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with culturally and ethnically diverse volunteers, staff and partners;
- Ability to network and establish productive relations with key partners and institutions;
- Strong team player with demonstrated staff management and coaching skills;
- Strong planning, coordination and prioritisation skills;
- English and French fluency required. Spanish will be an asset.
Deadline to apply: Friday, November 6, 2015 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Recruitment Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.