17 May Job Opportunity: Program Advisor
Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Reports to: Deputy Director, Programs
Contract type: Contract, Youth Challenge International
Duration: June 2016 to March 2017
Language requirements: Fluency in English and either French or Spanish
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Programs and as part of a team of technical leads including Livelihoods, Gender and M&E, you will work collaboratively with the operational leads (HR, Finance and Administration and Talent Management) and Country teams to support the design and delivery of high quality programming in each of the six project countries.
- Support program coordination, country work planning, project reporting and data collection.
- Coordinate the development of program guidance materials and manuals for country offices and partners.
- Develop program-focused orientation and training material for country offices, partners and volunteers.
- Support the development of effective project knowledge management and learning tools in coordination with Taking IT Global’s on-line platform development.
- Provide training, guidance material and support to country offices on effective volunteer management.
- Assist in identifying the main risks for volunteers and programs and help conduct risk assessments and coordinate the development of safety and security plans.
- Coordinate return volunteer outreach and business simulation activities in support of Alberta Council for Global Cooperation program elements.
- Support the country registration processes of CWY and YCI in each of the six program countries including an assessment of options for establishing legal status and coordinating the provision of all necessary documentation and preparation of program plans as needed.
- Support to Deputy Director, Programs on any additional areas as required.
- University Degree in a relevant field and/or a solid combination of relevant studies and experience.
- Fluency in English and French or Spanish is essential. Fluency in a third language (French or Spanish) is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years successful track record in managing international development projects and programs including practical operations experience.
- Proven commitment to mainstreaming Gender and equality issues within work.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching specialized and experienced staff.
- Appreciate the role and impact of international volunteering as a contribution to international development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, SKYPE, and written correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, coach, mobilize others and develop positive relationships with internal and external colleague.
- Ability to work well and respectfully as part of a diverse team, and in cross-cultural contexts.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges.
- Computer and internet proficiency.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 12:00 pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter (indicating your salary expectations) and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Program Advisor” in the subject line. Unfortunately, we cannot accept phone calls about the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.