17 May Job Opportunity: Livelihoods, Innovation And Environmental Sustainability Lead
Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Reports to: Deputy Director, Programs
Status/Contract type: Full time, Youth Challenge International
Duration: June 2016 – March 2018 (renewable)
Language requirements: Fluency in English and either French or Spanish
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Programs and as part of a team of technical leads including Gender and M&E, you will work collaboratively with the Country teams to identify and explore opportunities for innovation and creativity while providing the technical leadership and coordination of the project’s youth livelihood and environmental sustainability programming and activities, across the six project countries. In doing so, you will ensure that activities take into account the needs of young people; that project outcomes are achieved and targets met to project timeframes. This will include support for core training curriculum development, tertiary training and the design and monitoring of the innovation fund.
- Provide technical advice, training and coaching as needed to support country staff and volunteers to identify partner capacity needs and to design, implement and monitor partner sustainability plans
- Liaise regularly with TIG on the technical delivery of their program elements to ensure integrated programming, work plan development, and timely delivery against plans.
- Work closely with EDC to ensure integrated programming, work plan development, quality control and consistency in the training across all countries.
- Complementary to the role of EDC, provide the project with technical assistance to ensure quality in the design and revision of innovative employment and entrepreneurship curriculum for youth participants.
- Develop and implement a project wide strategy for the design, delivery and monitoring of the EQWIP HUBS innovation fund for youth.
- Develop and deliver a framework and monitoring process for country-led design, development and delivery of high quality and innovative, short-term tertiary training programs.
- Develop and deliver a framework for in-country livelihoods program development to complement the core and tertiary training programs. This will include support for the development of the EQWIP HUB network, mentorship and apprenticeship program.
- Support implementing partners and country teams to analyze the quality and effectiveness of existing environmental and sustainability programming; identify risks and risk mitigating measures and develop programming responses and risk mitigation plans.
- Research trends in livelihood and youth entrepreneurship programming and methodologies and proactively seek new opportunities for effective partnership building and resource mobilization amongst private sector, NGOs, development actors and donors.
- Facilitate the regular sharing of livelihood, innovation and environmental sustainability related knowledge and information among project staff, volunteers and partners.
- Provide advice and guidance on volunteer placement development and volunteer work planning to ensure alignment with livelihoods, innovation and environmental sustainability outcomes.
- Assist in the identification of risks and risk mitigation measures and support the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Support to Deputy Director or Chief of Party on any other issues as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of relevant experience in relevant livelihood programming including training and curriculum development, youth entrepreneurship, and environmental sustainability.
- A proven passion for innovation and a commitment youth focused programming.
- Fluency in English and French or Spanish is essential for this position. Fluency in a third language (French or Spanish) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with current trends in youth livelihoods development and environmental sustainability.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded projects.
- Proven commitment to mainstreaming Gender and equality issues within work.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring for results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, SKYPE, and written correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, coach, mobilize others and develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners, volunteers and youth participation.
- Ability to work well and respectfully as part of a diverse team, and in cross-cultural contexts.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes.
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills on the job.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 12:00 pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter (indicating your salary expectations) and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Livelihoods, Innovation and Environmental Sustainability Lead” in the subject line. Unfortunately, we cannot accept phone calls about the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.