05 Jul Job Opportunity: Learning, Monitoring And Evaluation Lead
Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Reports to: Deputy Director, Programs
Status/Contract type: Full time, staff contract with Youth Challenge International
Duration: July 2016 – July 2018 (renewable)
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000 with Benefits
Language requirements: English fluency required. French/Spanish language skills are highly desirable
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
Working in close collaboration with all EQWIP HUBs departments and Consortium Partners, the Learning, Monitoring, Evaluation Lead will be responsible for the overall knowledge management, learning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities of the project. Guided by the project performance measurement framework and supported by Knowledge and Learning Managers in each of the 6 program countries, the position will lead the development, adaptation, and implementation of learning and knowledge management strategies including data collection and data analysis. S/he will ensure that project outcomes are being tracked and that project performance information is being shared with management and across the organization to support informed management decision-making.
S/he will use informational, organizational, technical skills and learning strategies to help EQWIP HUBs develop, implement, and continually enhance systems for managing knowledge—both to improve operations as well as enhance our program effectiveness globally. S/he will coordinate project-wide knowledge management efforts and help cultivate a culture of facts-based learning.
S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with EQWIP staff and implementing partners.
- Provide overall management for the design and implementation of the EQWIP HUBs Learning, Monitoring, Evaluation system, working closely with other EQWIP HUBs staff, consultants, youth and partners;
- Design and develop and maintain a system for knowledge management;
- Drive day-to-day use and continual improvement of knowledge management systems and tools;
- Design, execute, and serve as project manager for knowledge management and monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Lead and coordinate knowledge management efforts globally and cultivate a culture of learning across the project;
- Serve as the primary point person for all knowledge management, learning and monitoring and evaluation related work for the EQWIP HUBs project;
- Support technical work such as reviewing indicators, data quality, reporting methods, designing reporting tools and advising M&E technical assistance;
- Provide progress updates to the Chief of Party, donors and key stakeholders;
- Develop and refine various EQWIP HUBs data collection instruments, both quantitative and qualitative, with an emphasis on participatory tools;
- Maintain a results database to aggregate and analyze data;
- Analyze data and develop results and performance reports, including Annual Reports and Work plans for the donor, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers and presentations for various audiences as needed;
- Train EQWIP HUBs partners and staff on the efficient use of the monitoring, knowledge management and learning systems and provide ongoing coaching/support including through regular project site monitoring visits;
- Ensure quality control, problem solving and implement adaptations as needed;
- Research and collect content and stories about the project’s achievements and collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Manager to convey the results and stories to a wide-range of audiences;
- Document and analyze good/best practices, lessons learned and trends for continual learning at the project-level;
- Assess internal practices of knowledge management and establish best practices;
- Produce toolkits and other communications material as necessary to ensure effective access, use and communication of data, lessons, and results internally and externally;
- Maintain and administer database and related data tools for programmatic data;
- Train staff (globally) as necessary on the use of the data and knowledge management systems
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in M&E with responsibility for designing and implementing M&E systems such as beneficiary monitoring and database systems
- Proven ability to design and implement participatory monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management tools;
- Demonstrated experience building organizational and/or individual capacity in monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management;
- Demonstrated experience building and advocating for effective knowledge-sharing systems and practices;
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for utilizing knowledge and metrics to improve programming;
- Hands on experience building IT and other systems and processes designed to capture and disseminate knowledge;
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting and reporting. Preference for familiarity with youth focused indicators and outcomes;
- Knowledge of a variety of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Highly organized project manager with the ability to prioritize competing demands, meet deadlines, and manage and motivate team members to do the same;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills on the job;
- Experience of working in collaborative, cross sector environments to facilitate conversations or solve problems among individuals with diverse perspectives;
- Relevant international experience preferably with a focus on youth;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and understanding of how to tailor one’s message for different audiences with a keen attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships;
- Experience communicating technical concepts and data heavy material to technical and non-technical audiences via user-friendly and usable design;
- Experience working in an international, decentralized environment;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Able to travel as necessary.
Deadline to apply: July 21st, 2016. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with ‘Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Lead EQWIP HUBs’ in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.