28 Jun Job Opportunity: Indonesia HUB Coordinator
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Starts: October 2016
Status: Manager Level, contract
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 17 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas in six countries, participatory programming supports young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Key project interventions include the provision of proven employability and entrepreneurship training, access to finance through an innovation fund, and global and national networking through an innovative on line platform. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS fosters a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
The HUB Coordinator, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide leadership and management for the local HUB and its associated activities. S/he will support activities to build partner and youth capacity in livelihood development. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, youth participants and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and management for the coordination and delivery of HUB activities
- Management of and support to teams of Canadian volunteers
- Monitor annual work plans and ensure compliance
- Ensure preparation and submission of project activity reports
- Provide guidance to the HUB staff regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming is responsive to youth and volunteer needs
- Ensure program quality through implementation of country-specific project review systems and comprehensive M&E systems
- Develop and maintain relationship with Canadian foreign missions
- Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth
- Support the development and update of sector strategies in relevant areas of programming
- Provide support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track
- Support training and supervision of HUB staff and volunteer teams
- Coordinate training activities for youth
- Coordination of and support to HUB Network
- Coordinate orientation training for Canadian volunteers
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
- University Diploma.
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible leadership and coordination experience
- Understanding of and compatible vision for effective community development with a focus on networking and training delivery
- Ability to work with and through partners
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people
- Comfort with linking work to a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors, private sector and other international NGOs on initiatives
- Experience with current approaches to adult learning and participatory methods for M&E
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting peers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant must be a citizen of Indonesia
Deadline to apply: Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “INDONESIA, Surabaya – HUB 1 Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.