04 Oct Job Opportunity: Finance Coordinator for EQWIP HUBs
- Company Name: Canada World Youth
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start: as soon as possible
- Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
- Status: Professional level
- Schedule: Full-time contract
- Annual Salary: $ 50,821.48 according to the collective agreement
- Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Finance Coordinator. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and administrative services in order to meet requirements and support operations in Canada and abroad. S/he will support the adherence to financial policies, procedures, controls, reporting systems as well as financial reporting functions. The Finance Coordinator will perform bookkeeping duties, records accounting transactions and monthly audit of financial statement in compliance with legal financial obligations.
- Record the daily transactions in the accounting system and verify the coding of data entered;
- Prepare daily bank transfer requisitions and administer transfers;
- Review domestic expenses;
- Process accounts payable invoices and issue accounts payable payments according to established procedures;
- Follow-up to obtain the supporting documents to justify expenses and revenues and to ensure all required documentation is completed;
- Receive, review and compile accurate, timely financial data from field reports and correctly record the information in the appropriate General Ledger accounts;
- Monitor advances, wire transfers and other financial transactions on a monthly basis;
- Analyze all general ledger accounts for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness to facilitate monthly financial reconciliation and reporting;
- Prepare documentation for processing sub-contractor payments and record all transactions and reconciliations of sub-contractors;
- Completion of Visa reports including interim payment with support for balances and monthly Visa reports showing all charges, payments and authorizations for month;
- Convert expenses into Canadian currency according to the established procedures of the weighted-average foreign currency translation calculations;
- Follow the schedule of financial activities to support the timely preparation of monthly budget reports;
- Assist in, or prepare, financial schedules as required to support the creation of the various financial reports as required;
- Maintain all financial documents needed for the annual audit of the financial statements;
- Support preparation of financial reports such as Semi Annual Financial report for the contracting parent entities and government submissions;
- Participate in updating and implementation of policies and procedures for the project;
- Ensure office supplies are available when required, orders and purchase orders are prepared correctly and in accordance with procurement policy;
- Assist project staff in the recording of various accounting transactions;
- Respect and act in accordance to accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to meet both current and future business models, ensuring compliance with legal and contractual financial obligations;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Finance Manager
- University bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent;
- 3-5 years experience in work-related experience;
- Member of a Professional Order in accounting an asset
- Knowledge in accounting (accounts payable, bank reconciliation, analysis of General Ledger accounts, accounting records, etc.).
- Experience in the treatment of foreign currency;
- Be highly proficient in the use of the main office software and in particular accounting and payroll (MS office, Outlook, Web, QuickBooks, Employeur D)
- Excellent organizational abilities; coordination, setting priorities, and multi-tasking;
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve results;
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of new issues and activities meeting tight deadlines;
- Initiative as well as the ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspects of their duties;
- Rigor, strong attention to detail and delivering high quality results within tight deadlines;
- Experience working in an international context and/or multi-country projects and understand grants and contribution management is an asset;
- English fluency required, French fluency preferred and Spanish language skills an asset;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 14th, 2016 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.