10 Dec Job Opportunity: Communication and Marketing Coordinator
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Manager level, contract
Pay rate: Competitive salary and benefits
Language requirements: Fluency in English, French. Spanish is a benefit.
Reporting to the project Chief of Party, as a member of the management team, you will lead the development and implementation of the strategy to raise the project profile and market the EQWIP HUBs brand in order to showcase the impact of its innovative approach to partners and stakeholders and to engage past, present and future young professional Canadians in the project.
Key responsibilities include:
- To design implement, monitor and evaluate a comprehensive communications and social media strategy to meet the needs of the project and its wider objectives.
- To develop, implement and evaluate an integrated marketing strategy to meet the project objectives and advance the EQWIP HUBs brand.
- To develop, implement and monitor annual plans, specific projects and targets.
- To plan, brief and coordinate the work of the creative agencies, team members and suppliers to ensure effective and on budget and timely delivery.
- To design and produce creative, engaging and timely project communications, key messages, briefs, talking points, materials, marketing and printing collateral for EQWIP, YCI and CWY staff and teams and for specific campaign goals.
- To support managers to develop, manage and optimize media relations and event opportunities.
- To support and work closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager to develop and implement a talent acquisition strategy.
- To integrate all social media efforts in order to cultivate and strengthen audiences, information sharing activities and online communities.
- To lead and oversee the design and activities related to digital media channels and web.
- To analyze, monitor, review and respond to the impact of the social media and web activities.
- To respond and adapt to changes in social media trends, strategies, platforms, tools, best practices to EQWIP HUB’s advantage.
- To establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with staff and implementing partners to source information and support their communications activities.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Chief of Party.
- 5 years of progressive experience in communications, marketing and branding including the development of related strategies directed at a variety of stakeholders;
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken) language skills. Spanish language skills are desirable;
- A strong passion and understanding of social media technologies, uses, and best practices;
- Proficiency in social media channels including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs and Mailchimp/e-mail software;
- Journalistic and corporate communications writing skills and be able to write creatively for a variety of audiences;
- Excellent leadership, project management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and partners;
- Strong self – motivation, energy with a collaborative spirit;
- To be able to work independently and take initiative;
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel etc.), website management and proficiency with social media;
- Ideally, skilled in graphic design with experience of working with Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Ideally, proficient in WordPress with fluency in HTML and CSS.
Deadline to apply: Monday December 21, 2015 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communication and Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Unfortunately no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.