28 Nov EQWIP HUBs: Volunteer Recruitment Consultant
Job/Title: Volunteer Recruitment Consultant
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto (With significant travel in Canada)
Duration: 6 Months
Daily rate: CAD$350
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Volunteer Recruitment Consultant will develop and implement a clear plan to increase the volume, consistency, and quality of youth volunteers needed for effective program delivery and outcomes in line with the Integrated Recruitment Strategy and EQWIP HUBs business development objectives.
The Consultant has significant experience in building and advancing client relationships, developing partnerships involving human capital and volunteer recruitment. The ideal candidate will have a
proven track record of meeting time sensitive recruitment targets through a clearly laid out business development strategy. It is expected that the Volunteer Recruitment Consultant will develop a clear plan for achieving recruitment targets and demonstrate early results.
- Execute comprehensive search strategies to recruit volunteer candidates with requisite skills sets, using networking, convening and hosting small group events, webinars, direct sourcing, social media, emails, referrals etc. with an emphasis on personalized, face-to-face approaches
- Leverage existing relationships and proactively build new relationships with key decision makers and influencers in Canadian colleges, universities, companies and professional bodies to source volunteers for assignments from 3 weeks to 12 months
- Compile and analyze volunteer related data and rapidly identify and implement improvements. Continuous management of the business development cycle, switching tactics to ensure a constant stream of quality applications to the Talent Acquisition Team;
- Work collaboratively with Volunteer Intake, Placement Support and Communication teams to ensure continuous improvement of recruitment, placement and support functions
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 3-5 years of experience of delivering results in a high-volume recruitment setting
- Previous experience with volunteer and/or youth volunteer recruitment is an asset
- Significant experience in building and advancing client relationships and developing partnerships involving human capital
- Ability to travel extensively within Canada with an emphasis on Ontario and Quebec
- Fluency in French is required
- Detail-oriented, solution focused, and results driven
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with energy, enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit
Deadline to apply: Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Volunteer Recruitment Consultant” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.