06 Jun EQWIP HUBs Ottawa: Talent Acquisition Officer
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract; ability to work occasional evenings and weekends required
Annual Salary: $43,377.37 according to the collective agreement
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Talent Acquisition Officer. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Team Lead, based in Ottawa, the Talent Acquisition Officer will organize all logistics and administration related to talent acquisition and deployment of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
The Talent Acquisition Officer will have primary responsibility for maintaining all talent acquisition files and systems, both electronic and hardcopy. S/he will also be responsible for providing talent acquisition reports and analysis related to volunteer time and contributed services to the project.
- Review, update and provide quality control for tools, systems and processes to support volunteer management cycle
- Support logistics and administration related to volunteer screening, recruitment, orientation, deployment and reintegration
- Participate in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies
- Place job advertisements for open positions and monitor the recruitment mailbox
- Prepare applicant dossiers for screening
- Provide analysis and track placement data including contributed services calculations, recruitment conversion rates, and other recruitment-related statistics
- Maintain updated complete files, electronic and hardcopy of volunteers, including sensitive and personal information
- Maintain emergency protocols including ensuring country-level risk tools are available, complete and updated
- Provide support for talent acquisition coordination meetings across the project; ensure timely, accurate information and data is available and provided to support planning, and management across the project
- Provide logistical, administrative support services as well as clerical functions for events and webinars including updating documents, scheduling, planning, preparing reports
- Organise travel, visa and hotel documents for volunteers and project staff and maintain travel advisories and regulations to ensure compliance with visa protocols and travel regulations
- Provide administrative and technical support related to volunteer orientation including updating documents, ensuring they are accessible to all participants, and ensuring quality and version control
- Maintain knowledge of the talent acquisition sector by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Team Lead.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- College diploma in a relevant field
- 3 years related work experience in logistics and administration
- Excellent organizational abilities, setting priorities, and multi-tasking
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of new issues and activities meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail, quality control and accuracy working with large amounts of data
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical thinking, report writing and data presentation;
- Ability to work in a team and collaboratively to achieve results
- Ability to take initiative and proactively find and recommend operational efficiencies;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion
- Highly proficient in the use of the main office software, database and search engine (MS office, Outlook, Power Point, Web)
- Experience working with customer relations software an asset
- English fluency required, French fluency preferred and Spanish language skills an asset.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Talent Acquisition Officer” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.