01 May EQWIP HUBs Ottawa: Program Lead
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: May 2018
Working Location: Ottawa is preferred; however, Montreal or Toronto can be considered
International Travel: 25% of time
Schedule: Full-time, 1-year contract
Benefits Package: Group benefits
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Program Lead, reporting to the Project Director, is responsible for tracking and reporting on sub-contractor and country-level budgets, workplans and deliverables. The Program Lead will manage tracking tools and prepare regular reports to inform decision making within the program and work with sub-contractors and country teams to keep planning responsive and relevant.
- Co-ordinate the development and maintenance of country-level work plan and activity-based budgets
- Monitor country-level progress against workplans and deliverables, and provide tactical support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets and recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track
- Monitor budget variances and make recommendations to maximize project resources
- Track and report progress and activities against annual and monthly work plans
- Develop and maintain a tracking tool of issues and emerging risks and prepare regular summary reports
- Review Partner sustainability and training plans for approval
- Review Partner and Subcontractor payment requests and financial reports to ensure contract compliance
- Contribute content to and provide overall support to the preparation of internal and external project reporting
- Maintain a schedule of project deadlines, deliverable dates, and milestones
- Liaise and coordinate with all EQWIP HUBS implementation teams and ensure consistent information, communication and collaboration between the technical team and other key functions within the project
- Perform other duties as requested by the Project Director
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- University Degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing and implementing donor-funded projects and a proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and reporting on large scale programmatic budgets
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to communicate in French and English in a professional setting is preferred
Deadline to apply: Monday May 14th, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Program Lead” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.