26 Jan EQWIP HUBs: HUB 1 Coordinator – Dakar, Senegal
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Dakar, Senegal
Status: Coordinator Level, contract
Salary: Competitive Salary
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The HUB Coordinator, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide leadership and management for the local HUB and its associated activities. S/he will support activities to build partner and youth capacity in livelihood development. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, youth participants and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and management for the coordination and delivery of HUB activities
- Management of and support to teams of Canadian volunteers
- Monitor annual work plans and ensure compliance
- Ensure preparation and submission of project activity reports
- Provide guidance to the HUB staff regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming is responsive to youth and volunteer needs
- Ensure program quality through implementation of country-specific project review systems and comprehensive M&E systems
- Develop and maintain relationship with Canadian foreign missions
- Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth
- Support the development and update of sector strategies in relevant areas of programming
- Provide support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track
- Support training and supervision of HUB staff and volunteer teams
- Coordinate training activities for youth
- Coordination of and support to HUB Network
- Coordinate orientation training for Canadian volunteers
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
- University diploma
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible leadership and coordination experience
- Understanding of and compatible vision for effective community development with a focus on networking and training delivery
- Ability to work with and through partners
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people
- Comfort with linking work to a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors, private sector and other international NGOs on initiatives
- Experience with current approaches to adult learning and participatory methods for M&E
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting peers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant must be citizen of Senegal
Deadline to apply: Friday February 2nd at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “HUB 1 Coordinator – Dakar” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.