21 Nov EQWIP HUBs: Gender Lead
Job/Title: Gender Lead
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: January 2, 2019
Working Location: Ottawa or Toronto
Schedule: 1 year full-time, contract
Annual Salary: $70-75,000
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Deputy Director the Gender Lead will be responsible for implementing the EQWIP HUBs Gender Strategy and advising on gender programming while supporting key aspects of project implementation.
- Provide gender technical support to the EQWIP HUBs project to support overall programming goals
- Lead the implementation of EQWIP HUBs gender strategy and build the capacity of Canada and country-based staff to deliver on stated objectives
- Participate in the development and implementation of EQWIP HUBs sexual exploitation and prevention policy
- Work with stakeholders to adapt and contextualize the gender strategy, and related policies and processes – including gender themed health, risk and safety frameworks – at the country level
- Analyze the quality and effectiveness of existing gender programming and identify gaps and opportunities to further mainstream gender throughout, drawing on the support of Canadian staff, country teams and Canadian Volunteers
- Provide technical support in the development of relevant gender programming, advocacy and communication materials to address gender equality issues
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with EQWIP HUBs staff and implementing partners
- Liaise with key team members from the EQWIP HUBs Country Offices
- Collaborate with Canadian and country staff to contribute to project planning and reporting requirements
- Document and analyze good practices, lessons learned and trends for continuous learning;
- Perform other duties as request by the Deputy Director or Acting Designate
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Master’s degree in international development studies, gender studies, feminist studies or the equivalent
- 5-8 years’ experience executing organizational and programmatic gender strategies, specifically providing technical advice and building capacity for gender equality and women’s empowerment outcomes
- Concrete experience providing technical advice related to gender integrated and specific programming in the areas of sustainable livelihood/women’s economic empowerment and gender-based violence
- Knowledge of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 5 and Global Affairs Canada Feminist International Assistance Policy
- Fluent in spoken and written English, ability to work in French or Spanish is a strong asset
- Experience representing gender issues within networks, to government agencies and other stakeholders
- Willing and able to travel outside of Canada
Deadline to apply: Tuesday December 4, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Gender Lead” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.