19 Jul EQWIP HUBs Ottawa: Digital and Social Media Marketing Lead
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa, other locations in Canada may be considered
Schedule: Full-time, contract
Annual Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
Reporting to the Communications & Marketing Manager, the Digital and Social Media Marketing Lead role supports EQWIP HUBs with the management of our social media channels, website and e–news content, and digital marketing planning. This role will be responsible for the volunteer acquisition and brand awareness strategies for our cross-channel SEM, SEO, and digital marketing. The successful candidate must be skilled at using data-driven insights to make decisions. The role will rely on a strong self-starter attitude, organizational skills, attention to detail, focus on quality and results.
- Manage the overall strategy and execution of the SEO, SEM, and digital marketing plans with the goal of exceeding volunteer acquisition and engagement targets
- Execution of email marketing campaigns, including contact segmentation, implementing 3-step onboarding, and reporting and analysis
- Develop new and creative growth strategies, on-going maintenance and execution of A/B tests, measurement and reporting of results
- Respond and adapt to changes in digital marketing trends, strategies, platforms, tools and best practices including remarketing, database marketing, interests targeting, and display ads
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate and optimize each channel and increase conversions at target CPA
- Set up/assess and optimize Google AdWords and Facebook/Instagram Targeted Ads to engage target audiences in the EQWIP HUBs project through EQWIP HUBs, CWY and YCI channels
- Facilitate the global integrated communications planning and produce creative, engaging and timely channel communications in support of project goals
- Create, schedule and manage social media content and channels for EQWIP HUBs Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Integrate multi-channel efforts across the project, and between CWY & YCI, to cultivate and strengthen audiences and increase volunteer applications
- Identify and manage website content and blog updates based on brand positioning and volunteer engagement strategies
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with staff and implementing partners to source information and support their communications activities
- Obtain and curate content from volunteers in the six countries where EQWIP HUBs operates including:
- Photography – select and edit on Photoshop
- Video – select and edit on Premiere Pro
- Content re-purposing, both owned and shared
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 2-4 years in a digital marketing management role, including email marketing, SEO/SEM and campaigns with a focus on social media
- Experience in using a SEM bid management tool
- Google AdWords certification or equivalent experience
- Experience in identifying target audiences and driving qualified traffic through digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics and email and social media management tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and new tools as required)
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML and CSS development and constraints
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurements
- Demonstrated writing skills and with abilities to write creatively for a variety of audiences
- Experience working for an international development organization or project
- Post-secondary degree or diploma desired; concentration in Marketing or Digital Marketing preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator) experience required
- Previous experience working on volunteer recruitment campaigns related to international development/non-profit is an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital and Social Media Marketing Lead” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.