03 Dec EQWIP HUBs: Consultant for Gender and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Prevention
Job/Title: Consultant for Gender and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Prevention
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa or Toronto
Duration: December 2018 – April 2019
Daily Rate: CAD $500.00
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Youth Challenge International (YCI) and Canada World Youth (CWY) believe that all those who contribute, participate and benefit from their projects and initiatives, including the EQWIP HUBs project, are entitled to an environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse. The two organizations are seeking a consultant to develop procedures and guidelines to reduce the risk of such incidents occurring and for designated staff to respond in a timely manner to any complaint or report of sexual assault, harassment or exploitation.
The consultant, under the guidance of the Steering Committee, will review and build on the existing policies and procedures of CWY and YCI to produce a framework and support EQWIP HUBs’ project staff in identifying, mitigating and responding to sexual assault, harassment and exploitation. This should be in compliance with Canadian laws and regulations concerning sexual assault and harassment and meet the standards of Global Affairs Canada and the United Nations in mitigating and responding to sexual abuse and exploitation.
The key deliverables expected are the following:
- Sexual Abuse, Harassment and Exploitation Policy Statement
- A Code of Conduct
- Protocol: collection of tools & procedures to mitigate, report, respond to and investigate Sexual Abuse, Harassment and Exploitation
- Training Guide and materials, including refresher modules
- Training and orientation for EQWIP HUBs’ project staff in Canada, using training-of-trainer approach and materials
- Consultancy Report including recommendations
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Degree in international development studies, gender studies, feminist studies or the equivalent.
- Concrete experience in developing tools and procedures to respond to Sexual Abuse, Harassment and Exploitation, and knowledge of best practices and challenges associated with the required work
- Must be familiar with Canadian laws and regulations concerning sexual assault, and harassment, and the UN regulations to address sexual abuse and exploitation
- Demonstrable experience developing guides and training material
- Experience delivering training in international development settings including one or more of the countries in which the EQWIP HUBs project is being delivered
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of any of the languages spoken in the countries that the EQWIP HUBs project is implemented in, will be considered an asset.
Deadline to apply: Thursday December 13, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultant – Gender and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Prevention” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.