30 Jul EQWIP HUBs Senegal: Training Facilitator
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: St. Louis, Senegal
Schedule: Full time
Salary: Competitive Salary
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Trainer, reporting to the HUB Coordinator, will deliver EQWIP HUBs training at various project locations in the country. S/he will facilitate and coordinate training activities for young people, including related training support services, to build livelihood capacity. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, youth participants and relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate youth participant outreach, application process and selection
- Support coordination of training schedule in and outside of HUB
- Oversee printing/production of training materials and resources
- Lead training activities
- Ensure quality management of training
- Facilitate data collection for M&E framework
- Liaise and coordinate with consortium partners and implementing partners to ensure effective delivery of training activities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the HUB Coordinator
- Applicant must be a citizen of Senegal
- University Degree
- 5 to 7 years of facilitation, training and coordination experience
- Understanding of and experience with participatory training techniques
- Ability to collaborate with partners and colleagues
- Excellent skills in planning and coordination
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written skills required
- Ability to work in English
Deadline to apply: Friday, August 10, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Training Facilitator” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.