14 Aug EQWIP HUBs Peru: IT Manager
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Lima, Peru
Salary: Competitive salary and Benefits
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The IT Manager, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide leadership and management of the technological elements of EQWIP HUBs. This includes: supporting activities to build partner capacity in utilizing IT to enhance project outcomes; managing technological assets and providing technical support across the project; identifying strategies to leverage technology to improve project outcomes; and maintaining positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, volunteers and youth participants.
- Provide leadership for the delivery and oversight of the technology aspects of project initiative
- Provide guidance to the HUB staff regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming utilizes technology in an effective way
- Identify areas of opportunity to integrate technology into project activities to improve results, and take steps to implement where feasible
- Provide management and oversight of online learning communities (eHUB, Office365)
- Provide training to staff, partners and youth on key project software and platforms (e.g. Office365 including SharePoint, eHUB online platform, EQWIP HUBs database etc.)
- Support country-level Monitoring and Evaluation needs through the implementation of the project’s M&E Database (troubleshooting, data entry, data cleaning, report generation, etc.)
- Support the sharing and presentation and visualization of data for project staff and partners
- Set up technology and provide ongoing maintenance/support/troubleshooting in all HUB locations
- Support the country team in the preparation and submission of reports
- Engage in monthly global calls with IT Manager team, project consortia partners and Program Staff in Ottawa
- Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
- Applicant must be citizen of Peru
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in IT
- Experience using Office 365 (including SharePoint)
- Understanding of and compatible vision for effective community development with a focus on the use of technology
- Ability to work with and through partners
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people especially as relates to their use and engagement with technology for learning and livelihoods
- Comfort with linking work to a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors and private sector
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.