RESEARCH + COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT OFFICER
Employment training. Career Development. A 6 month internship placement. A stipend towards travel and living costs included.
Youth Challenge International's (YCI) Innovate ME program focuses on career transformation and is designed to significantly enhance your employability in Canada and abroad, providing you with tools, resources, experience and coaching to take your career to the next level. This program is being implemented in partnership with Global Affairs Canada (GAC), and will provide you with employment training prior to departure, career coaching during your placement, and career transition support and networking opportunities upon your return.
Why is Youth Challenge International the place to be?
YCI designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young people, between the ages of 19-30, who are up for this challenge. Do you believe that youth (including yourself!) are powerful agents of change that have the power to transform lives and communities? If so, this position may be for you!
During your International Internship, you’ll be working with our awesome partner EDC. Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, EDC has been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Write and edit communication products targeting external audiences and the media;
- Draft, summarize and edit succinct communication pieces of varying lengths for external and internal audiences.
- Edit documents including project proposals.
- Develop ideas for infographics, charts, images that creatively convey key messages/data.
- Prepare and manage ongoing social media communications strategy to publicize project activities
- Conduct research.
- Contribute in the development and monitoring of the project’s website.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Completion of Bachelors Degree in: international development, international affairs or marketing and communications.
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.).
- Demonstrated interest in the field of International Development.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken).
- Attention to details.
- Proven experience successfully managing competing proprieties.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Please fill out the application form on our website, and attach your cover letter and resume in a single PDF or Word attachment. Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Intern participation is completely voluntary and is by no means and shall not be construed as an employment contract. The intern is not entitled to claim for any wages, indemnity, payment, notice of termination or pay in lieu of notice of termination, or any other benefits and agrees that he or she may not be considered as an employee under employment laws including the Act respecting Labour Standards and the Civil Code of Quebec.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.