DATA MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Employment training. Career Development. A 6-month internship placement. A stipend towards travel and living costs included.
Youth Challenge International's (YCI) Innovate ME program focuses on career transformation and is designed to significantly enhance your employability in Canada and abroad, providing you with tools, resources, experience and coaching to take your career to the next level. This program is being implemented in partnership with Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and will provide you with employment training prior to departure, career coaching during your placement, and career transition support and networking opportunities upon your return.
Why is Youth Challenge International the place to be?
YCI designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young people, between the ages of 19-30, who are up for a challenge. Do you believe that youth (including yourself!) are powerful agents of change that have the power to transform lives and communities? If so, this position may be for you!
During your International Internship, you’ll be working with our awesome partner WWF. World Wildlife Fund Gabon works on sustainable management of forests, integrated landscape management, and community-based management. WWF Gabon’s works primarily at two priority sites: the forest landscape in northeastern Gabon, as well as the coastal landscape of the Gamba Protected Area Complex (GPAC) in the south.
What you’ll do
- Track all incoming financial contracts in coordination with the finance director and country director in Gabon, as well as the fundraising team
- Reconcile, update, organize & maintain an accurate, reliable and exhaustive archive of all financial contracts whether electronic and paper
- Update or create a database on conservation activity results that will facilitate WWF Gabon’s monitoring and management role
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution (required)
- Fluency/competency in French
- Data analysis and database management experience
- Background in environment and/or biodiversity conservation preferred
- Experience in social work with youth
- Possess professional demeanor, enthusiasm for public service and interest in social justice;
- Posses and demonstrate sound judgment and good work ethic
- Be a team player and a collaborative worker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Posses some knowledge of non-profit sector
- Be highly organized, capable of multi-tasking and able to work under pressure;
- Presentation skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint
- Be a self-starter capable of working independently.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Please fill out the application form on our website, and attach your cover letter and resume in a single PDF or Word attachment. Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Intern participation is completely voluntary and is by no means and shall not be construed as an employment contract. The intern is not entitled to claim for any wages, indemnity, payment, notice of termination or pay in lieu of notice of termination, or any other benefits and agrees that he or she may not be considered as an employee under employment laws including the Act respecting Labour Standards and the Civil Code of Quebec.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.