CAREER INTEGRATION OFFICER
Employment training. Career Development. A 6 month internship placement. A stipend towards travel and living costs included.
Youth Challenge International's (YCI) Innovate ME program focuses on career transformation and is designed to significantly enhance your employability in Canada and abroad, providing you with tools, resources, experience and coaching to take your career to the next level. This program is being implemented in partnership with Global Affairs Canada (GAC), and will provide you with employment training prior to departure, career coaching during your placement, and career transition support and networking opportunities upon your return.
Why is Youth Challenge International the place to be?
YCI designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young people, between the ages of 19-30, who are up for a challenge. Do you believe that youth (including yourself!) are powerful agents of change that have the power to transform lives and communities? If so, this position may be for you!
During your International Internship, you’ll be working with our awesome partner EDC. Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, EDC has been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct a needs assessment in the areas of career guidance and professional integration
- Advise on strategic orientations in terms of career guidance and professional integration support for new graduates
- Collaborate with stakeholders to lead the design of an innovative career guidance system for students
- Coordinate and evaluate the career guidance system’s implementation
- Design an active information and communication plan for trainings for Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) schools
- Develop and manage partnerships with training and employment stakeholders such as consular chambers, private sector, regional authorities, etc.
- Contribute to the development of a monitoring program on issues of vocational guidance, employability and youth employment.
- Contribute to the development gender sensitive training guides and pedagogical documents on career guidance and professional integration.
- Data collection and analysis of graduate’s educational background and professional integration.
- Support in facilitating gender sensitive career guidance and professional integration training sessions
- Supervise professional integration support calls which include local NGOs, schools, governments and entrepreneurship clubs in the organization
- Attend open days/job fairs/visits to companies to share experience of role models among young male and female entrepreneurs.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution (required)
- Experience in collaborative work and design
- Understanding of various teaching + learning approaches
- Skilled in group facilitation
- Ability to develop and manage partnerships
- Capacity to translate orientation and professional integration objectives into relevant actions
- Ability to communicate with companies and partners
- Understanding of labor markets and career development for youth
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Fluency/competency in French
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Please click the button below and fill out the application form with your cover letter and resume attached in a single PDF or Word document. Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Intern participation is completely voluntary and is by no means and shall not be construed as an employment contract. The intern is not entitled to claim for any wages, indemnity, payment, notice of termination or pay in lieu of notice of termination, or any other benefits and agrees that he or she may not be considered as an employee under employment laws including the Act respecting Labour Standards and the Civil Code of Quebec.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.